We are very pleased to present new features of the GroupCamp platform version 3.
New organization in modules and changes of the GroupCamp plans
- The Project and Reports modules are available in all plans.
- The Scheduling, Timesheet, Budget and Cost Management modules are available from the BEST plan.
- Prices of our plans do not change.
Contact GroupCamp support when you are in the START or PLUS plan and want to retrieve timesheet and budget data without changing your plan.
Possible problems due to migration to V3
The principle of migration to V3 is based on the security of access to the data of your account by its users and therefore not to grant a privilege that a user did not have. This principle means that users may have lost privileges.
We have done a complete redesign of the Regional options icon located in the Admin panel of your GroupCamp.
The Regional options icon now has three tabs: General, Time units and Accounting.
In the Time units tab, you can now manage your budget in days of work and enter durations in hours. We use the value of the Duration of a workday field to display time spent in days in the budget summary of a project.
The Reports application from the Dashboard is enhanced with new menus and a new table of data presentation.
- The Budget - Time spent menu allows you to track budgets and time spent in a table.
- The Project summary figures menu groups in a table the data located in the Overview application of your projects.
- The Planning of projects menu presents your projects in a Gantt view.
- New Projects reports for project managers.
- New Users reports for viewing the timesheets of all users.
- The workweek is now the same for all users in your GroupCamp.
In following up on your feedback to the GroupCamp support team:
- We have changed the column order for the menus: My recent time spent records and Recent time spent records. The columns for Date and Last update can now be sorted.
- We have revamped recording time spent: 1) the window for recording can now be moved and allows added time to be viewed more easily; 2) links for + Add a time record now exist for each day worked.
In addition to the updates described in this blog, we have also worked on GroupCamp's project management.
- New design to the project settings window and to the configuration of Projects settings in the Admin panel
- New project fields: Project code, Project type, Project managers(s), Project privileges and project dates
- Reassign tasks and milestones from one user to another for all projects. New Gantt view.
- Time tracking: Mandatory filling out of configurable Description field, email reminders for weekly timesheet entry (Best plan and higher).
- New overall budget, email alert when the budget exceeds a certain percentage. Budgets are now available from the Start plan.
- New Excel reports
- New Actions menu
- The weekly and monthly stored key metrics and project budget feature has been deleted as it was infrequently used.
New design to Projects settings
In this blogpost, we will outline improvements and bug fixes we worked on between October and November 2015.
Just to name a few: The Inbox application now displays 2 lines instead of just 1, we modified the cursor position when opening the Information panel of an item, we also improved the way you can link milestones to task lists.
Message display in the Inbox application
For every message you receive in your GroupCamp inbox, you can now preview the first two lines instead of just one. This will facilitate your navigation when browsing through your Inbox.
GroupCamp is proud to announce that in our latest release, we have added the ability to manage a project budget using time categories in GroupCamp Project.
The Budgeted time feature in each project allows you to do the following:
We are introducing Types in Tasks to allow customers to cross reference tasks across task lists. This gives project leaders a different perspective on their projects. Going beyond that, if you are using types with time estimates, you can have a view of your tasks listed by type with a sum of the time estimates for each type.
For examples of how to use Types read the following article in our FAQ