How to set up the Scheduling module, the Workload plans and Schedule apps.
This FAQ details the settings and privileges of the Schedule and Workload plans apps from the Groupcamp Scheduling module.
In this article:
- The project is present in the Scheduling module
- Color, Use the Location field
- Lock the project schedule
- Sync calendars
- Select a Time unit profile
- Work capacity, working days and first day of the workweek
- Maximum number of resources
The Scheduling module offers two applications:
- The Workload plans app that allows you to view and manage workloads by resource, project, and role.
- The Schedule app that allows to edit the jobs of a project. The Schedule app is accessible in the Scheduling menu and in projects.
These applications handle jobs. A job is used to book the working time of one or more resources. Resources have work capacity. Absences, overloads and underloads of resources are managed.
Read this article to learn more : Scheduling apps to plan your Projects and manage Team Workload Plan.
Go to the Users app and click on the Settings menu. Use the checkboxes in the SCHEDULING column.
You can also :
- Open the User window and customize the user's privileges.
- Add the user as a resource in the Scheduling module.
The user is listed as a resource in the Workload plans app of the Scheduling module. You can add time off, projects and jobs to the resource.
Users who have access to their jobs can:
Otherwise (machine scheduling, centralized scheduling, user not connected, etc.):
- the user (if connected) does not know that his work is scheduled,
- if you need to communicate a schedule, you can make a screenshot of your screens (GroupCamp Camera button under Chrome) and send a pdf.
Go to Admin panel > Privileges and use the List of privileges menu. Unfold Modules > Scheduling.
View other resources' jobs
In the Home > Jobs app, colleagues with this privilege can view the schedule for other resources.
Access to the module
This privilege gives access to the Scheduling apps in the Read Only mode.
/! \ All projects and all resources are accessible.
Edit project schedules
To be able to modify the schedule of a project, a colleague must:
- have the Project Manager profile of privileges.
- have this privilege (Edit project schedules checked).
- be selected in the Project leaders field in the project settings.
Manage the workload plans of resources and projects
Colleagues who have the Planner profile of privileges have all rights in the Scheduling module.
Go to Admin panel > Privileges and use the List of privileges menu. Unfold Applications > Schedule.
Access to the application is protected by a privilege.
Edit project schedules
This privilege is the same as Modules > Scheduling > Edit project schedules explained above.
Schedule app settings can be configured in the Project settings window.
When checked, the Workload plans app includes the work allocated for the project.
This feature allows you to work on the project schedule without modifying the Company Resource plan. Integrate the project schedule into the Workload plans when it is complete.
Color of the project in the Scheduling module.
The Location field is used to indicate the address to which your employees should go. The Location field is added to the synced calendars of colleagues.
To learn more, check out these articles:
- How to customize synced calendars data and use the Location field for a project.
- Sync my tasks, jobs and milestones with my office calendar: Apple, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla.
The project can not be changed when it is locked. This feature is useful for telling colleagues that the project should not be changed.
The Sync calendars button allows you to customize the synced data in the calendars for the project. For more information, see this article: How to customize synced calendars data and use the Location field for a project.
Go to the Admin panel and click on the Scheduling icon
In Admin panel > Settings > Modules > Scheduling, select a time unit profile for your account.
Do you want to display the Work in hours or days?
To learn more about Time units, check out this FAQ: How to set up Time units and the Work capacity of the users.
A Work capacity profile allows you to define:
- the duration of the work day,
- the working days of the week,
- limits for the entry of past time.
You can create multiple profiles. A profile is assigned to each user.
The first day of the workweek is here on Monday. The non-working days are the days with the value: "0:00". Here on Saturday and Sunday.
To learn more about Work capacily profiles and set the First day of the workweek, check out this FAQ: How to set up Time units and the Work capacity of the users.
You can decide how many 5-Resource Packs you need.
The total number of resources is limited to 155. Contact GroupCamp support if you need more resources.